Los Angeles City Council Files
The Los Angeles City Council records their work on each topic in
what's called a Council File. These are stored in the
nicely searchable Council File Management System
and audio and video recording system.
(And if their built-in search fails you, searching with Google or Bing
and specifying site:lacity.org often pulls up what you need.)
Upcoming meetings are listed on the Public
Meeting Calendar along with links to the related agendas and council files.
New council files which are not yet on the calendar can be found in the
Council and Committee Referral "Hot Sheet",
and you can subscribe to be
notified by email of agenda updates.
Those sources aren't great at giving an overview, especially if you're interested in neighborhood council Community Impact Statements,
so we put together a rough spreadsheet of city council file activity since 2013, including which neighborhood councils have submitted CIS's.
Since that's really big, we also put together a smaller spreadsheet showing just council files with CIS's, as well as a few showing just
council files that mentioned certain major committees. (Since committee names change, those may not be complete; caveat lector.)
The spreadsheets are a work in progress; they should include all council files back to Jan 1 2017, and agendized ones back to Jan 1
2013. Please write email@example.com with comments or suggestions.
Council Files by topic
Council Files by committee
- Related to Arts, Entertainment, Parks and River
- Related to Budget and Finance
- Related to Economic Development
- Related to Energy, Climate Change, and Environmental Justice
- Related to Immigrant Affairs, Civil Rights, and Equity
- Related to Health, Education, and Neighborhood Councils
- Related to Housing Committee
- Related to Information, Technology, and General Services
- Related to Ad Hoc on Comprehensive Job Creation Plan
- Related to Personnel and Animal Welfare
- Related to Planning and Land Use Management
- Related to Homelessness and Poverty
- Related to Rules, Elections, Intergovernmental Relations, and Neighborhoods
- Related to Public Safety Committee
- Related to Trade, Travel, and Tourism
- Related to Transportation Committee
- Related to Public Works and Gang Reduction